Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
While You Wait For Help
Welcome to our tips for experiencing water damage! Although, this situation may seem stressful, water damage restoration is our most common service provided. Whether your damage is from a flood, storm, overflowed bathtub or any other crazy situation, we've handled it.
Due to water damage being so common we've streamlined our process into 6 steps, starting with you calling us! If you've done this step, you've done everything right!
With that being said, your natural reaction to water damage may be to try and fix, clean or restore your own property. Although there are times where this might fly, it is not advised. There could be a number of dangers from electrical shortages to bubbling ceilings. You and your family's safety must come first!
Below you will find some tips on the Do's and Don'ts while you wait for us to arrive.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (651) 314-4631
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.