Downtime, Your Cottage Grove Business, and Water Damage Restoration
SERVPRO Takes Time to Look for All Signs of Water Damage When Facilitating Restoration at Your Cottage Grove Commercial Space
If there has been some recent downtime at your Cottage Grove business, you must assess the space for water damage before reopening. There could have been issues with pipes, appliances, or water-related equipment that caused hidden damage while operations got shut down. SERVPRO can come out to your commercial building, take the time to assess the situation, and address any areas where signs of water damage are present.
Because vacant facilities often fall behind on maintenance checks and lack occupancy, careful water damage restoration in Cottage Grove will get you back on track for reopening.
Unoccupied/Vacant Building Water Damage Risks
When a commercial space or business is unoccupied for a while, a lack of activity and routine checks fall to the wayside. Any flooding, water intrusion, or significant leaks can go unnoticed and wreak havoc on your building materials. Some of the signs of water damage that we will look for when assessing your building include:
- Discoloration and staining – Water leaks or intrusions cause staining or discoloration on walls, ceilings, and sometimes door casings. These stains will usually be yellow or darker if mold is developing.
- Peeling ceiling and wall finishes
- Swelling – Any porous materials exposed to excess moisture forces fibers to expand
- Door misalignment or warped door casings
- Trim or baseboards separating from the walls
- Sagging ceilings and walls
- Damaged or deteriorated flooring – Water seeks the lowest level within any structure, then seeping under tile, vinyl, carpet, and more. After water permeates the floor covering, it can lead to ripping, warping, and more
- Signs of mildew and mold development
Water mitigation is a key component to restoration to preserve equipment, furnishings, electronics, and structural elements of any commercial workspace--be it a factory or a law firm office suite.
You may need professional water damage restoration if your business has been on hold for some time. Call SERVPRO of Woodbury, Cottage Grove, at (651) 314-4631 to have a team deployed for assessment.