Do Icicles Mean You Need Water Damage Restoration?
SERVPRO Helps Woodbury Homes Stay Dry
Woodbury is a charming Minnesota town where you can enjoy good food, the great outdoors, and plenty of leisure time. The city is within easy reach of Minneapolis so that you can take advantage of all the bigger city has to offer, too.
Woodbury settlers originally named the town Red Rock but later discovered a Red Rock Township elsewhere in Minnesota. They chose the new name in honor of Levi Woodbury, an associate Justice of the Supreme Court. For much of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Woodbury was mostly farmland, but in 1955 developers broke ground on the first proper suburban housing area. Woodbury quickly grew too fast to sustain itself as a village, and shortly after, officials incorporated it into a town.
Take to the Slopes Near Woodbury
Minnesota is known for its cold winters and plentiful snowfall. That makes it an excellent destination for some winter sports, and one of the most popular skiing areas near Woodbury is Afton Alps. You can ski on a mountain with a 300 ft vertical drop or enjoy the miles of trails. The best part about Afton Alps is that you do not have to wait for heavy snow to go skiing there – the resort has a state-of-the-art snow creation system. You can take ski or snowboard lessons – or relax in one of the chalets while your family takes to the slopes.
When you are finished skiing, relax with one of several dining options, from a licensed pub to grab-and-go breakfast and a kid-friendly canteen-style chalet. You can even enjoy playing a round of golf at the nearby golf course, which is part of the resort.
From Farmsteads to Food – Woodbury Has it All
There is more to Woodbury than skiing. The town and the nearby cities offer all sorts of historical places, outdoor escapes, and delicious food. If you are ready to start your Minnesota adventure, try one of these popular excursions:
- The Charles Spangenberg Farmstead dates from 1869 and is one of only a few historic farmsteads in the area. The house is not currently open to the public as it is a private residence, but it is worth going by just to admire the authentic architecture.
- Downtown Minneapolis and Skyways Guided Walk is a fun way to pass a couple of hours. Get a flavor of busy Minneapolis's everyday life, admire the many skyways that connect downtown buildings, and stop off for some caramel corn.
- Historic Downtown St Paul Food Tours is a half-day tour filled with delicious eats. From local wild rice to beer brewed with well water, enjoy the best local Minneapolis food with your knowledgeable guide.
Do Icicles Mean you Need Water Damage Restoration?
Icicles look pretty and can even lend a cozy feel to a house if you are nice and toasty inside! However, icicles can cause problems. They can break and fall onto windshields or even people, they can damage gutters, and they can even break windows. If an icicle melts, damages a window, or pulls down a drain, you could find yourself needing water damage restoration. To deal with the icicles, you need a roofing professional. To deal with potential water damage, you need SERVPRO. Our techs can:
- Use moisture probes and infrared cameras to check inside walls for water damage.
- Put a tarp over damaged doors or windows until you can get them repaired.
- Use dehumidifiers to dry any water-damaged areas.
If you have concerns about potential water damage, call SERVPRO of Woodbury, Cottage Grove at (651) 314-4631.