Need a Reputable Fire Restoration Partner in Woodbury?
Preparation is Why SERVPRO is Woodbury's Fire Restoration Leader
Woodbury homeowners enjoy gathering around a cheery bonfire in their backyard. The marketplace continuously develops attractive options that make a fire pit easier to create and maintain for friends and family get-togethers. The chances are good that municipal regulations for recreation fires are not always on a property owner's radar.
What are Woodbury's Recreational Fire Rules?
Safety, protection of the environment, and minimizing nuisance smoke spread are the basic expectations for Woodbury bonfire enthusiasts. No permit is necessary for a recreational fire. Instead, the city lists helpful and commonsense guidelines on its website for community members who want to be cautious and respectful of their neighbors as they relish time around the fire. Ensuring that the warmth of the flames offers comfort, and the glow creates a welcoming ambiance requires:
- Limits on burning time -- between 8 am and midnight
- Continual supervision by an adult until extinguished
- Location only on the owner's property
- The burning only of properly harvested and dried natural wood
- No use of liquid accelerants
- Limited size -- no larger than 3 feet in diameter, with flames 2 feet in height or less
- Distancing at least 5 feet from property lines and 25 feet from structures or combustible materials
- A connected hose or another source of water nearby for immediate dousing if needed
- Portable outdoor fire pits must be placed 15 feet or more away from a structure or combustible materials and used according to the manufacturer's specifications
Are There Conditions that Prohibit Recreational Fires in Woodbury?
Wind speeds of more than 10 miles per hour mean that a recreational fire cannot be lit or maintained. If an otherwise legal fire becomes a nuisance to others, the Woodbury City Code provides extinguishing requirements be applied. Those who consider starting a recreational fire also must educate themselves on any local burning bans. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources issues these prohibitions for general safety. Bans need following, and consequences are possible for a violation.
What Are the Recreational Fire Rules for Multi-Family Housing in Woodbury?
Apartments, townhomes, and condominiums can have additional outdoor burning rules passed by property managers or owners and renters associations. The Woodbury fire guidelines are not made irrelevant by building rules, but the building's requirements can be more restrictive. Residents must attempt to adhere to both sets of rules as much as possible.
Can the SERVPRO Team Restore Outdoor Fire Damage?
If your family bonfire leaps out of control, SERVPRO managers and technicians are ready with innovative techniques to return your backyard living area to "Like it never even happened." The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and hand-on experience our crews acquire in responding to interior fire damage translates well to a fire pit damage scenario.
- Effective smoke and soot removal from exterior surfaces
- Practical methods to clean and deodorize outdoor furnishings
- Water or extinguisher removal and cleanup
The best practices strategies employed during each project are why SERVPRO of South Washington County earns its reputation as a top-notch fire damage restoration firm. Call us at (651) 314-4631 to resolve outdoor or indoor fire damage.